Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy 18th Birthday Jordyn

18 years ago today

We were all so happy you were here, even Kaley.


My top 18 favorite Jaymoone quotes from over the years

  • "I'm telling mom" (a favorite, most of her childhood)
  • "Step Off" (don't make her mad or you'll hear it)
  • "Colton....Can you do me a HUGE favor?!" (always involves going upstairs)
  • "It's freezing in here" (no matter the season)
  • "She stole my handwriting" (shout out to Michelle E.)
  • "I love my new Raybands" (oh my, drop the "d")
  • "I am sooooo tired, I have to go lay in my bed." (since the day she was born)
  • "My truck is smelling bad and there's a weird brake light on." (ever heard of the emergency brake)
  • "Okray"
  • "We can't share friends" (as told to Colton the first night of x-change)
  • "That is crusty, sketchy and legit" (everything & everyone can be described with one of these 3 words)
  • "I hate my hair" (no matter the length, color, cut or style)
  • "He is such a creepster" (pretty self explanatory)
  • "We got ova 4 flavas of soda, we got brown ones and sure enough we got clear ones. How can you not smell that peppa?" (stolen from SNL)
  • "I really NEED those jeans, that shirt, and those shoes" (A bottomless pit of wants & needs)
  • "I'm gonna start drinking only water...tomorrow. Give me a sweet tea for now though" (yay for procrastination)
  • "Where did that mailbox come from?!" (it jumped out in front of her side mirror)
  • "I will wear those red cowboy boots with everything, they will be my only winter shoes." (and...she actually does, have you seen some of the outfits?!)

18 years ago today God gave me the gift of my Jordyn. She was by far my best baby. For the first year of her life she very rarely cried. Not so surprisingly, she was an excellent sleeper. She starting sleeping through the night at 3 weeks old (6-8 hours). Even during the first 3 weeks she would just wake up and look around and wait for me to feed her. No crying.....at least until she turned 1. Then she developed the other side of her personality, impatient and a little hot-tempered. I'd say she has a little bit of all of it today.

Over the past 18 years I have seen her grow into such a Godly young woman with a heart for God and Worship. I know God has an awesome plan for her and she is so ready and willing to be used by Him for His glory. I couldn't be any prouder of her.

I have loved every (yes every, good and bad) minute of being your mom and watching you grow and I can't wait to see who you will become in the future. You're a blessing and I love you. Happy Birthday Jordyn.

4 comments:

Jordyn Mooney said...

wow, that's amazing ha
those are def all things that i say all the time...
love you too!

I Am All Grown Up said...

:)

mfleeman said...

Happy Birthday Jordyn. you were a cute baby and you are a beautiful young woman! Lisa, post the cake picture.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Jorban!