Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Seriously, I did not send out the traditional Christmas letter this year so thought I would do it via my blog. 2008 has been a very eventful, and blessed year for the Mooney family. If you know us very well, you know there is rarely a dull moment and this year is no exception. As I mentioned above, we are attending a new church in Fernandina Beach FL. Let me just say that God is alive and well (and definitely kicking) at the Journey Church. We have made many new friends and are starting to get plugged in there. We are so thankful for God's leading us to this awesome church. Our other big news is the building of our new house. We had hoped to be in by Christmas, but it looks like we missed it by about a month. We are looking forward to moving and settling into our new home. (See posts below for progress)
Patrick's business Island Kitchen & Bath remains busy, thank you God, there is no lack in God's economy. He moved into his new 2000 sq. foot showroom/shop this past summer. He is slowly, but surely getting everything set up the way he wants it. We are hoping to do an official grand opening in the Spring. He is about to do his most exciting job yet, the cabinets in our new house. He says the homeowner is a pain to work with, ha.
Kaley has had a very busy year, as usual. She left her job at Old Navy in July and went to Gander Mountain as the apparel/footwear manager, in addition to going to school part time at Florida Community College of Jacksonville. In a new turn of events, she has decided to quit her job, and go to school full time. She doesn't have too many hours left to get her associates degree so she has decided to concentrate on that this semester. She will also be working part-time in her dad's showroom working with his customers and lightening his administrative load. In addition, she is praying about God's will concerning future mission opportunities. Please pray for her as she seeks His perfect will for her life.
Jordyn has been homeschooling for her senior year and turned 18 earlier this month. One of the highlights of her year was auditioning for American Idol this summer. What an experience we had! (To read more go to her blog page at: wokemeupagain.blogspot.com) She has become very involved with the music program at our church playing keyboard and singing on Wednesday nights for 250 youth and she has just begun playing/singing for our 3 weekend services as well. God has truly gifted her with musical talent as well as a real heart for worship. She is still looking forward to attending Hillsong College in Australia in January 2010. I believe God is really preparing her heart for a life of ministry. Also, please continue to pray for her as she seeks His perfect will for her future.
Colton is homeschooling again this year. He is a junior and just turned 17 years old. He finally got his drivers license and got a car. He is also very involved at church, with the technical side though. He is helping to run the lighting for both the Wednesday night youth service as well as the weekend services. He is looking forward to a mission trip to Mexico this summer with the youth group. Nothing to report on the girl-front as of now, I think his sisters have scarred him for life, ha. Those are some difficult girls, but he loves them in spite of it. What an awesome young man of God he has become, please pray for him as he pursues whatever God has in store for him.
As for me, not much has changed. I'm still at home full time taking care of my children. Just because they are adults, doesn't mean they don't need their mom. I also try to help Pat with the business as much as I can. Beginning in the new year, I will start spending some time at the new showroom greeting customers and answering the phone. I still try to volunteer as much as I can with projects at church and in our community. I am so thankful that God has given me the opportunity to be at home with my family all these years.
As we celebrate Christmas we pray that you will remember that Jesus came, not for the manger, but for the cross, and that through a personal realtionship with Him we can spend eternity in Heaven with our Father.
Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year,
the Mooney family
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Master bath shower (not quite finished)
View into the kitchen, they just started laying the tile.
Back of the house.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Look how excited they were!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
We were all so happy you were here, even Kaley.
My top 18 favorite Jaymoone quotes from over the years
- "I'm telling mom" (a favorite, most of her childhood)
- "Step Off" (don't make her mad or you'll hear it)
- "Colton....Can you do me a HUGE favor?!" (always involves going upstairs)
- "It's freezing in here" (no matter the season)
- "She stole my handwriting" (shout out to Michelle E.)
- "I love my new Raybands" (oh my, drop the "d")
- "I am sooooo tired, I have to go lay in my bed." (since the day she was born)
- "My truck is smelling bad and there's a weird brake light on." (ever heard of the emergency brake)
- "We can't share friends" (as told to Colton the first night of x-change)
- "That is crusty, sketchy and legit" (everything & everyone can be described with one of these 3 words)
- "I hate my hair" (no matter the length, color, cut or style)
- "He is such a creepster" (pretty self explanatory)
- "We got ova 4 flavas of soda, we got brown ones and sure enough we got clear ones. How can you not smell that peppa?" (stolen from SNL)
- "I really NEED those jeans, that shirt, and those shoes" (A bottomless pit of wants & needs)
- "I'm gonna start drinking only water...tomorrow. Give me a sweet tea for now though" (yay for procrastination)
- "Where did that mailbox come from?!" (it jumped out in front of her side mirror)
- "I will wear those red cowboy boots with everything, they will be my only winter shoes." (and...she actually does, have you seen some of the outfits?!)
18 years ago today God gave me the gift of my Jordyn. She was by far my best baby. For the first year of her life she very rarely cried. Not so surprisingly, she was an excellent sleeper. She starting sleeping through the night at 3 weeks old (6-8 hours). Even during the first 3 weeks she would just wake up and look around and wait for me to feed her. No crying.....at least until she turned 1. Then she developed the other side of her personality, impatient and a little hot-tempered. I'd say she has a little bit of all of it today.
Over the past 18 years I have seen her grow into such a Godly young woman with a heart for God and Worship. I know God has an awesome plan for her and she is so ready and willing to be used by Him for His glory. I couldn't be any prouder of her.
I have loved every (yes every, good and bad) minute of being your mom and watching you grow and I can't wait to see who you will become in the future. You're a blessing and I love you. Happy Birthday Jordyn.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
This is probably going to sound shocking at first, but bear with me. When I look forward to tomorrow, Thanksgiving, it's really just a day for me to prepare a yummy meal for my family and probably go to the movie at night. Here's my thought, if I don't live everyday being thankful to my God for who He is in my life, why whould I set aside a special day for it? I can barely comprehend a God who loved me so much, even in my sinful state, that He would sacrifice His only Son that I might have an eternal relationship with Him. However, if I don't acknowledge Him and His presence now, what's the point? I have been so blessed in my life, and I know I don't deserve it. I pray that I will never forget to acknowledge God every single day.
Thank you Lord, for providing for my needs, for an awesome husband who loves me in spite of me, and for children that love you and live it out in front of me everyday. I am truly inspired by my family, they are my biggest joy here on earth.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy[c] angels with Him,then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ 41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and inprison and you did not visit Me.’ 44 “Then they also will answer Him,[d] saying,‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or inprison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Let us be a people that help the hungry and thirsty, clothe the poor and visit the sick! Isn't that what Jesus did? God bless you throughout your day today! ~ Tracy
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Also, if you are someone who appreciates clean cabinet tops, do I have a house for you!!! It will hopefully be on the market next week and ready for a buyer, hopefully sooner than later. We are believing God for a buyer and fast. He is able and His timing is perfect!
So, get out there and clean bloggerland, you'll feel so accomplished when you do.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
October 25, 1986
Our dusty rose invitation, what can I say, it was the 80's.
"Do not marry the person you can just live with, marry the person you can't live without."
22 years ago I married the most wonderful man in the world. We learned a long time ago that a successful marriage was not going to exist because of a lack of problems, but in how we worked through the problems. Neither of us is perfect, just perfect for each other. We can't take any credit, however, but give all the glory and honour to God. He is the center of our marriage and our lives. He has shown us much grace and we try to exhibit that same grace to each other every day.
22 things I love about my husband:
- Godly - he walks out his faith before me every day
- Generous - with his time and his money
- Faithful - I know he only has eyes for me
- Selfless - he always, always, always puts my needs before his own
- Funny - but only when I'm not mad at him, of course
- Handsome - more today than ever, especially with those sexy highlights
- Forgiving - this one has been tested, a lot, trust me
- Great Dad - he's the "E" ticket ride, just ask our kids
- Hard Worker - so that he can always provide for the needs of our family
- Sensitive - he gets it when i cry
- Loud Breather - ask Kate Gosselin, she feels my pain
- Loving - even when I don't deserve it
- Compassionate - he truly "gets" me and then helps me
- Bad Driver - but great parallel parker
- Understanding - even when he doesn't really understand
- Patient - yes, this one has been tested a time or too as well
- Likes to bug me - he's super good at this one
- Kind - always diffuses a tense situation
- Good apologizer - even if he doesn't think he was wrong
- Great personal hygiene - lots of showers, deodorant and toothpaste go a long way, ha
- Positive thinker - his glass is always half-full
- Adores me - only because he is able to look at me through God's eyes
Thank you Pat-rick for the last 22 years, I love you. And yes, it is easier for me to love you than for you to love me, ha, I finally admit it. Thank you God for this gift that I will never deserve and for your constant love and patience.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Truth be told, I'm not that thankful for laundry, but it has to be done either way. I still do all the laundry in the house, probably not that good of a lesson for my adult, and nearly adult children, but it's one of the small ways I can still serve them I guess. Now, if they would only return the favor by putting it away in a timely fashion, that 's the real gift. And ironing, don't get me started. I love everything to be ironed, I just wish I had a maid to do it all. I had to laugh the other day and remember my grandma as I found myself ironing my pillowcases, I'm sure there's a 12-step program out there for this addiction! (My grandma used to iron sheets, and underwear, so I guess I'm not that bad-yet)
Monday, October 20, 2008
So, I am encouraging all of you to go to elevationchurch.org and watch these sermons. If you only have time for one, please watch the "conflict" message. I promise you will learn something, I know I did. And from a young 28 yr. old pastor who's only been married 6 years at that! He really is an annointed man of God.
Go on, go to the website and start learning! Thanks for listening.
P.S. So, I just watched week 6 of the marriage series entitled, "Do It When You're Old", and I was once again challenged by the Lord. If you get the time, watch it too, it's only 48 min, not the 97 min it says.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Have you ever been in a situation that is absolutely out of your control? It is only then that you can truly trust God with the circumstances. Well, I am presently there, a place where praying is almost impossible, I don't even have the words anymore. Thankfully, the God that knows me intimately, knows my heart and knows my needs. I will continue to trust Him and allow Him to work in a way that only He can, and teach lessons that only He can teach.
I will be still and know that you are God!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
What a scene it was that day in the hospital!
I have a friend of many years who regularly on my children's birthdays calls me and asks what I was doing "x # of" years ago that day. Then we reminisce about the day they were born and how we can't believe they have gotten so old so fast. Well, today is Colton's day to remember. So, I will tell you the story of 17 years ago today. Colton was quite honestly, a surprise to us, but not to God. As you may or may not know, Jordyn and Colton are 10 months and 11 days apart, now you understand the surprise part. We were perfectly happy with our beautiful little girls and had put no real thought into having another baby, SURPRISE, God had another plan. When I found out I was pregnant with Colton, the doctor told me that my body was obviously not prepared to be pregnant again so fast and that is was likely I would not remain pregnant for long. As aniticipated, I started having problems and assumed I was losing him. But, God move in, and the problems moved out and much to the doctor's amazement, Colton arrived. It was a very fast labor and delivery, only about 2 hours, my doctor almost missed it. I went home from the hospital the very next day, that's when the real fun started. I now had a newborn, a 10 month old, and a 3 years old. I had dreaded that day for almost 9 months and had convinced myself I would never be able to handle it. Needless to say, the real experience could never have been as bad as I had convined myself, and we all survived it! If you ask the girls they would say they have barely survived, I think Colton's spiritual gift all these years has been pestering his sister, ha. I know they wouldn't trade him for anything in the world and he would do absolutely anything in the world for them. I am so thankful for Colton and the joy he has brought our family, God knew what He was doing! So, on this day 17 years ago, God gave me you, my baby boy. Thank you Lord for this awesome young man.
9. Ava will sing her favorite birthday song to you
8. You can get married in the state of Ga (with parental consent, of course)
7. Driver's license
6. You're older than Miley Cyrus
5. Rated "R" movies (for violence only, not for language or sexual content)
4. 10 layer chocolate cake
3. Only 1 more year till you can buy cigarettes and lotto tickets, oh that's right, you don't smoke or gamble.
2. New computer
and the #1 best thing about your birthday .................
1. You're the same age as Jordyn
Happy Birthday CMoney!!! I love you lots ~ Mom
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
You've maybe heard Pat talk of how much he "loves" his bed, not that he actually has a fondness for the mattress itself, but for what it represents. Almost every night when we go to bed, we sigh and say how much we love our bed. Mostly because of what we accomplished in the day, how thankful we are to be able to be together at the end of the day, and I guess just how comfy and safe it is. So, that hasn't changed and it never will, no matter how old or uncomfortable the mattress becomes. So, there you go, a look into one of the simpler things in our life, but definetely one of our favorite.
P.S. and I love my new bedding too, with lots and lots of pillows.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is He who made us, and we are His, we are His people, the sheep of His Pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations. Amen
Just wanted to stop for a moment and thank God for just a few of the many blessings I have in my life.
- First, for God and His character, even if He never gave me another material thing, He is still so good to me. It's because of Who He is, and not what he does that makes Him so awesome. Thank you Lord for your neverending love, faithfulness, grace & mercy, way more than I deserve.
- My unbelievable husband! How was I so fortunate to get such an awesome man of God?! He's not perfect, but he tries everyday to be who God would have him to be. He loves me more than I deserve.
- My daughter Kaley. What a great adult she has turned out to be. She is probably the most responsible 20 year old I know. She is also one of my biggest fans. If you can get to this point in parenting and still have your children like you, thank God, like I'm doing now. I know we've raised her to go, but it's still going to break my heart when she does.
- My daughter Jordyn. She is the picture of resiliency. She has been through more in her 17 years than most of us ever will be in a lifetime. She has shown so much maturity and grace, and makes me so proud to be her mom. She's as beautiful inside as she is outside.
- My son Colton. I am amazed what an awesome young man he has turned out to be. He is so respectful and appreciative, not an attribute present in most teenage boys. There's nothing he wouldn't do for his family.
That's all for today, although I know I could start now and never stop thanking God for all He does for me everyday. My life and my heart are so full!