Wednesday, October 22, 2008

laundry

"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Truth be told, I'm not that thankful for laundry, but it has to be done either way. I still do all the laundry in the house, probably not that good of a lesson for my adult, and nearly adult children, but it's one of the small ways I can still serve them I guess. Now, if they would only return the favor by putting it away in a timely fashion, that 's the real gift. And ironing, don't get me started. I love everything to be ironed, I just wish I had a maid to do it all. I had to laugh the other day and remember my grandma as I found myself ironing my pillowcases, I'm sure there's a 12-step program out there for this addiction! (My grandma used to iron sheets, and underwear, so I guess I'm not that bad-yet)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: