Monday, October 20, 2008

Through the Conflict

As we approach our 22nd wedding anniversary this weekend it is very appropriate that I have found such an awesome sermon on marriage. Several months ago I found a church in Charlotte NC, Elevation Church, and have since then faithfully watched pastor Steven Furtick's messages online weekly. They are currently in week 6 of a series called "Visionary Love, Dream Sex". It basically goes through Song of Solomon, in a way that I have never really heard preached before. Last week, week 5, was a message entitled "Through the Conflict". I would encourage anyone who is dating, engaged, newly married or married forever like us, to watch this online sermon, or download the podcast. I would say, with some confidence, that Pat and I have a strong, happy marriage, but that didn't happen overnight, and it sure takes some effort.

So, I am encouraging all of you to go to elevationchurch.org and watch these sermons. If you only have time for one, please watch the "conflict" message. I promise you will learn something, I know I did. And from a young 28 yr. old pastor who's only been married 6 years at that! He really is an annointed man of God.

Go on, go to the website and start learning! Thanks for listening.

~Lisa

P.S. So, I just watched week 6 of the marriage series entitled, "Do It When You're Old", and I was once again challenged by the Lord. If you get the time, watch it too, it's only 48 min, not the 97 min it says.

5 comments:

Jordyn Mooney said...

nice blog schmom!

Mrs. Hatten said...

Awesome! Thanks for the link--I'm definitely going to watch!

I Am All Grown Up said...

Do you have a link or name of the podcast so I can subscribe? I'd like to take a gander.

I Am All Grown Up said...

i was lookin for a direct link, but im good. found it. annnnnnnd subscribin'

mfleeman said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, what day is it? I would watch the podcast (in my free time????) Our pastor is also doing a series on Dating,Sex, and Marriage called Ignite. sscommunitychurch.org