Friday, October 10, 2008

New bed, finally.

I know to most people this purchase does not constitute a blog, but in our family it does. Some history may bring this to light. When I went to purchase our new mattress I was told by the salesman that most mattresses last 5-10 years, imagine the shock he would have been in had I told him that we had ours for over 20 years, aghh! We purchased it when I was pregnant with Kaley (who will be 21 in March) to replace our old-school waterbed that I could no longer get in and out of. It served us well those 20+ years. ;-) We had the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" mentality. Well, it officially "broke". Pat was not not sleeping well, my back hurt, and I was ready for an upgrade, to a king size from a queen. We probably discussed it for 6 months, not whether we needed a new one, but were we ready for king size. Personally, I was ready, Pat however, not so much. While he does actually fit on the bed now, he doesn't like having that much room between us. I guess he thinks that you have to use the whole mattress, since he now rarely comes on "my" side. Not that I'm complaining, ha.

You've maybe heard Pat talk of how much he "loves" his bed, not that he actually has a fondness for the mattress itself, but for what it represents. Almost every night when we go to bed, we sigh and say how much we love our bed. Mostly because of what we accomplished in the day, how thankful we are to be able to be together at the end of the day, and I guess just how comfy and safe it is. So, that hasn't changed and it never will, no matter how old or uncomfortable the mattress becomes. So, there you go, a look into one of the simpler things in our life, but definetely one of our favorite.

P.S. and I love my new bedding too, with lots and lots of pillows.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Patrick does love his bed. That's a fact. We had to downsize to a queen when we moved out here and don't like it much. We often talk about how we can't wait to get a king size bed again.
Rick said the other day, how come there are King size beds and Queen size beds but not Prince or Princess sized beds!? I thought it was quite funny and an excellent observation.
Congrats on the new bed. Enjoy! P.S. As you well know from my blog entries, pretty much anything can be blog fodder! :)