Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
October 25, 1986
Our dusty rose invitation, what can I say, it was the 80's.
"Do not marry the person you can just live with, marry the person you can't live without."
22 years ago I married the most wonderful man in the world. We learned a long time ago that a successful marriage was not going to exist because of a lack of problems, but in how we worked through the problems. Neither of us is perfect, just perfect for each other. We can't take any credit, however, but give all the glory and honour to God. He is the center of our marriage and our lives. He has shown us much grace and we try to exhibit that same grace to each other every day.
22 things I love about my husband:
- Godly - he walks out his faith before me every day
- Generous - with his time and his money
- Faithful - I know he only has eyes for me
- Selfless - he always, always, always puts my needs before his own
- Funny - but only when I'm not mad at him, of course
- Handsome - more today than ever, especially with those sexy highlights
- Forgiving - this one has been tested, a lot, trust me
- Great Dad - he's the "E" ticket ride, just ask our kids
- Hard Worker - so that he can always provide for the needs of our family
- Sensitive - he gets it when i cry
- Loud Breather - ask Kate Gosselin, she feels my pain
- Loving - even when I don't deserve it
- Compassionate - he truly "gets" me and then helps me
- Bad Driver - but great parallel parker
- Understanding - even when he doesn't really understand
- Patient - yes, this one has been tested a time or too as well
- Likes to bug me - he's super good at this one
- Kind - always diffuses a tense situation
- Good apologizer - even if he doesn't think he was wrong
- Great personal hygiene - lots of showers, deodorant and toothpaste go a long way, ha
- Positive thinker - his glass is always half-full
- Adores me - only because he is able to look at me through God's eyes
Thank you Pat-rick for the last 22 years, I love you. And yes, it is easier for me to love you than for you to love me, ha, I finally admit it. Thank you God for this gift that I will never deserve and for your constant love and patience.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Truth be told, I'm not that thankful for laundry, but it has to be done either way. I still do all the laundry in the house, probably not that good of a lesson for my adult, and nearly adult children, but it's one of the small ways I can still serve them I guess. Now, if they would only return the favor by putting it away in a timely fashion, that 's the real gift. And ironing, don't get me started. I love everything to be ironed, I just wish I had a maid to do it all. I had to laugh the other day and remember my grandma as I found myself ironing my pillowcases, I'm sure there's a 12-step program out there for this addiction! (My grandma used to iron sheets, and underwear, so I guess I'm not that bad-yet)
Monday, October 20, 2008
So, I am encouraging all of you to go to elevationchurch.org and watch these sermons. If you only have time for one, please watch the "conflict" message. I promise you will learn something, I know I did. And from a young 28 yr. old pastor who's only been married 6 years at that! He really is an annointed man of God.
Go on, go to the website and start learning! Thanks for listening.
P.S. So, I just watched week 6 of the marriage series entitled, "Do It When You're Old", and I was once again challenged by the Lord. If you get the time, watch it too, it's only 48 min, not the 97 min it says.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Have you ever been in a situation that is absolutely out of your control? It is only then that you can truly trust God with the circumstances. Well, I am presently there, a place where praying is almost impossible, I don't even have the words anymore. Thankfully, the God that knows me intimately, knows my heart and knows my needs. I will continue to trust Him and allow Him to work in a way that only He can, and teach lessons that only He can teach.
I will be still and know that you are God!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
What a scene it was that day in the hospital!
I have a friend of many years who regularly on my children's birthdays calls me and asks what I was doing "x # of" years ago that day. Then we reminisce about the day they were born and how we can't believe they have gotten so old so fast. Well, today is Colton's day to remember. So, I will tell you the story of 17 years ago today. Colton was quite honestly, a surprise to us, but not to God. As you may or may not know, Jordyn and Colton are 10 months and 11 days apart, now you understand the surprise part. We were perfectly happy with our beautiful little girls and had put no real thought into having another baby, SURPRISE, God had another plan. When I found out I was pregnant with Colton, the doctor told me that my body was obviously not prepared to be pregnant again so fast and that is was likely I would not remain pregnant for long. As aniticipated, I started having problems and assumed I was losing him. But, God move in, and the problems moved out and much to the doctor's amazement, Colton arrived. It was a very fast labor and delivery, only about 2 hours, my doctor almost missed it. I went home from the hospital the very next day, that's when the real fun started. I now had a newborn, a 10 month old, and a 3 years old. I had dreaded that day for almost 9 months and had convinced myself I would never be able to handle it. Needless to say, the real experience could never have been as bad as I had convined myself, and we all survived it! If you ask the girls they would say they have barely survived, I think Colton's spiritual gift all these years has been pestering his sister, ha. I know they wouldn't trade him for anything in the world and he would do absolutely anything in the world for them. I am so thankful for Colton and the joy he has brought our family, God knew what He was doing! So, on this day 17 years ago, God gave me you, my baby boy. Thank you Lord for this awesome young man.
9. Ava will sing her favorite birthday song to you
8. You can get married in the state of Ga (with parental consent, of course)
7. Driver's license
6. You're older than Miley Cyrus
5. Rated "R" movies (for violence only, not for language or sexual content)
4. 10 layer chocolate cake
3. Only 1 more year till you can buy cigarettes and lotto tickets, oh that's right, you don't smoke or gamble.
2. New computer
and the #1 best thing about your birthday .................
1. You're the same age as Jordyn
Happy Birthday CMoney!!! I love you lots ~ Mom
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
You've maybe heard Pat talk of how much he "loves" his bed, not that he actually has a fondness for the mattress itself, but for what it represents. Almost every night when we go to bed, we sigh and say how much we love our bed. Mostly because of what we accomplished in the day, how thankful we are to be able to be together at the end of the day, and I guess just how comfy and safe it is. So, that hasn't changed and it never will, no matter how old or uncomfortable the mattress becomes. So, there you go, a look into one of the simpler things in our life, but definetely one of our favorite.
P.S. and I love my new bedding too, with lots and lots of pillows.