Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Psalm 100
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is He who made us, and we are His, we are His people, the sheep of His Pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations. Amen

Just wanted to stop for a moment and thank God for just a few of the many blessings I have in my life.

  • First, for God and His character, even if He never gave me another material thing, He is still so good to me. It's because of Who He is, and not what he does that makes Him so awesome. Thank you Lord for your neverending love, faithfulness, grace & mercy, way more than I deserve.
  • My unbelievable husband! How was I so fortunate to get such an awesome man of God?! He's not perfect, but he tries everyday to be who God would have him to be. He loves me more than I deserve.
  • My daughter Kaley. What a great adult she has turned out to be. She is probably the most responsible 20 year old I know. She is also one of my biggest fans. If you can get to this point in parenting and still have your children like you, thank God, like I'm doing now. I know we've raised her to go, but it's still going to break my heart when she does.
  • My daughter Jordyn. She is the picture of resiliency. She has been through more in her 17 years than most of us ever will be in a lifetime. She has shown so much maturity and grace, and makes me so proud to be her mom. She's as beautiful inside as she is outside.
  • My son Colton. I am amazed what an awesome young man he has turned out to be. He is so respectful and appreciative, not an attribute present in most teenage boys. There's nothing he wouldn't do for his family.

That's all for today, although I know I could start now and never stop thanking God for all He does for me everyday. My life and my heart are so full!

No comments: