Thursday, September 18, 2008

My girls


For those of you who know our family very well, you know that these girls are quite different in many ways. But, while they may be different, they have at least one thing in common. They have HUGE hearts. If you are fortunate enough to be called "friend" by them, you know how blessed you really are. There is nothing they would not do for a friend. It's funny to think that they have been raised in the same house, by the same parents, with the same standards and rules, yet they are so unique. That's because God is so creative, how boring would it be if we were all the same!

Living in a house with Patrick Mooney for your dad, they both learned early on that they were the "princesses" of our house. And we all know who the queen is, ha! We don't apologize for setting that standard either. We taught them that they were created perfectly by God and in His image and that alone gives them value. They have actually been told before that our standards for their boyfriends may be too high, is there really such a thing? To be truthful, we know there are big shoes to fill when it comes to men in their lives, but we just believe that God created a mate out there for each of them who's feet will fit perfectly in those shoes.

A few weeks ago, our pastor, Darryl, was preaching about Adam & Eve. He talked about when God created Eve for Adam and that when Adam first saw her he was like, "Whoa God, look what you gave me!" She was a gift created just for Adam. A few days later, Jordyn was telling me about a conversation she was having with a friend on that same subject and that he said he thinks that when you wait for the person God intended for you, you will have the same reaction, "Whoa God, look what you created for me!" And if you don't have that reaction, it's probably not the right person for you. Makes sense to me. I have been married to my awsome hubby for 22 years, and I can honestly tell you that there is not a day that goes by that he does not have that reaction when he looks at me, and vice versa. I don't think my girls should settle for anything less than that! So, we will continue to pray for them and for that person that God created just for them.

I am their BIGGEST fan!

3 comments:

Jordyn Mooney said...

dawww mom, i love this blog entry, and look at you with the pictures!!!

i love you and appreciate everything you do for me!

Michelle said...

And they are SOOO beautiful!!

Nonsequitur said...

(misti here) I love this blog and what beautiful girls! They are a blessing! You all are.