Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cats = Love


For most of my childhood, I had cats. Pat never had any cats growing up, mostly because he is VERY allergic to them, makes sense, right. Well, shortly after we got together the subject of us getting a cat came up. Of course, we got a cat. Then came the many years of Zyrtec, Alegra, Claritan, you get the picture. Several years ago, as a joke, of course, I bought him a "decoration" cat for his office. Well, that was just the beginning. Now, any time I see a cat, I have to buy it for his collection. The picture above is small sampling of his "beloved" cats. Go Fish (a shout out for our friends Terry & Melinda) has the best selection by far. All I know is that any man who will put up with our real cats Roxy & Muffin every day and not be able to breathe most of the time, loves me alot! Thanks honey for being a cat tolerator, as he puts it.

So, yes, real men do like cats, but more importantly, they love their wives enough to put up with the allergies due to the cats, ha.

2 comments:

Mrs. Hatten said...

A big "PURR!" to that one! Kudos to Pat for putting up with your passion for cats. I, too, am a cat lover although our beloved Amber has had to take up residence on the screened-in back porch since the arrival of Eve. I guess it's the old wives tale that the cat could "suck the babies breath" out of her while she was sleeping that made me give Amber the boot. Eve just loves Amber though and I plan on letting her back in the house later this fall...after I give her a bath and douse her with a healthy dose of Advantage, that is. :-)

Michelle said...

I guess Rick doesn't love me enough. Not that I love cats, mind you, but he got rid of the one I had when we met.