Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

Psalm 100:4-5
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

This is probably going to sound shocking at first, but bear with me. When I look forward to tomorrow, Thanksgiving, it's really just a day for me to prepare a yummy meal for my family and probably go to the movie at night. Here's my thought, if I don't live everyday being thankful to my God for who He is in my life, why whould I set aside a special day for it? I can barely comprehend a God who loved me so much, even in my sinful state, that He would sacrifice His only Son that I might have an eternal relationship with Him. However, if I don't acknowledge Him and His presence now, what's the point? I have been so blessed in my life, and I know I don't deserve it. I pray that I will never forget to acknowledge God every single day.

Thank you Lord, for providing for my needs, for an awesome husband who loves me in spite of me, and for children that love you and live it out in front of me everyday. I am truly inspired by my family, they are my biggest joy here on earth.

No comments: