Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A helpful suggestion

As you have figured out from my endless "house updates" we are in the process of building a new house. You know what that means, we have to sell our old house. We've been getting it ready to put on the market for the past couple of months. Today's project is preparing to put new cabinet doors in the kitchen. Sounds easy, right, nope. It actually started yesterday when we took down the old doors and sanded the existing face frames. This created a lot of dust which made me very unhappy, on top of the fact that I have no doors up right now so it just looks crazy to me. Since I have an open soffet I decided to take down all my knick-knacks and pack what I'm keeping and box what I'm going to garage sale. Here's where the "helpful suggestion" comes in to play. We moved into this house 6 1/2 years ago and apparently I have not cleaned up there in all these years. You can only imagine how gross it was. I am a little embarrased to admit this as I am quite a clean person. So my big suggestion is to clean the tops of your cabinets at least once every 3-5 years, or more often if you have the time, ha.

Also, if you are someone who appreciates clean cabinet tops, do I have a house for you!!! It will hopefully be on the market next week and ready for a buyer, hopefully sooner than later. We are believing God for a buyer and fast. He is able and His timing is perfect!

So, get out there and clean bloggerland, you'll feel so accomplished when you do.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, yeah, I always felt bad about how not clean my house was whenever your guys came over!