Sunday, January 25, 2009

God sold it!

If you are my friend on any one of my social networking sights (Myspace, Facebook, Twitter), then you already figured out that we sold our house yesterday. And by we, I mean ONLY God. I know you probably thought we were crazy to list a house in this depressed housing market, but as someone told me recently, there is no lack in God's economy. To be quite honest, I was starting to get a little nervous myself, although it had only been on the market for 2 months. We have been building another house, but really needed to sell our house before closing on the new one. We determined early on that God had directed us to build the new one, so we were trusting Him to sell the old one. The only thing was, it was in His perfect timing, not mine. My ever-so-faithfilled husband kept telling me, "don't worry, the other house isn't ready yet". "But, we are only a few weeks away," I would impatiently respond, all the while trying to figure out my plan B. In true God fashion, He was still working His plan A (or G) as we will now call it.

All that to say, God is so good. I just wanted to acknowledge Him and His faithfulness to me ALL the time. It still isn't about what He's done, but about who He is. And He is my Savior, my Deliverer, my Hope, my Redeemer, my Strength, my Strong Tower, and today my Resting Place. I don't know where I would be without Him.

So....my husband was right, once again, and because he would never say it to me himself, I'll say it for him. "I told you so!"

So now comes the moving process. We need to be out of our house by February 5th, and our builder says they will be done with our new house by the 1st. Sounds like perfect timing to me! I will try to get some new pics up as things are finished, sorry I've been a slacker lately.

4 comments:

Erica said...

You know, as I was reading your blog about a million different things were running through my mind...I started thinking about how awesome God truly his,and how his timing is ALWAYS perfect.It still blows my mind to sit back and see how certain things play into each other, because of God's perfect timing.
Thanks for sharing this, I know you all have been trusting and praying in God to fulfill his promise for you.Evenn when you started to "worry" a little, you held strong because you believed in what God had promised and directed you to do.
Your awesome and just by writing this gave me some hope to something in my life:)
Love you!!

mfleeman said...

That's great! His timing is always perfect and he is still in the miracle working business. We are still believing for a miracle in our situatuon, too. Actually, we need multiple miracles, but we know he is able. I am comforted to know,that when time is running out - he is hard at work and a breakthrough is just around the corner. Keep praying that I will keep believing!

Michelle said...

Yahoo!! Congrats! I'd come over and help ya pack if we were there!

Mrs. Hatten said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you all. God is so good! Now keep praying for ours to sell! Love you guys!