Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

My awesome family, Mother's Day night.

My beautiful girls singing and playing at the Mothers Day Tea.

"The decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever
to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

This has been my favorite quote for quite some time. It really puts into words how I feel about my children. I know I may be a little biased, but I think I have the most awesome, talented, beautiful, smart, funny, kind, faith-filled, loving children on the earth. Don't get me wrong, they all have their moments of frustration, but those moments are few and far between. I had an unbelievable "mom" moment this weekend. We had a Mother's Day Tea this past Saturday at church and I had the privilege of watching both my daughters on the stage singing and playing for me (not for me alone, but it might as well have been). To say that I was a proud mama would be the understatement of the year. Not because they are so talented, or beautiful (which of course they are), but because they were using their talents and gifts to serve God. They are adult woment and they chose to do it on their own. There is no bigger blessing in life than that! What a gift they gave me that day. And for the record, they all gave me wonderful gifts on Mother's Day as well. I will think of them as I relax and get that massage, and carry around my "Life is Good" tote, thanks to Colton, Dave and my wonderful husband Patrick as well.
I love you all very much, and thank God for you everyday.

1 comment:

Erica said...

You are certaintly blessed and do have an awesome family!!I love you huys(: